Terms & Conditions for competitions
1. Promoter: Vital Pet Club
2. Competitions are open for entry to residents of England, NI, Scotland and Wales over 16 years, excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate families, agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the competition.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between the competition period stated on competition entry materials such as social media posts or emails.
4. To enter: Conditions of entry will be stipulated in the relevant social media posts or emails. This could include, but is not limited to, entering a photo in the comments of a social media post or signing up for the Vital Pet Club mailing list.
6. The Prize: Prizes will usually be stated in the competition entry guidelines.
8. Winner Selection: Winners will usually be selected at random, or at the discretion of Vital Pet Club.
9. Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted by email or social media. They will be mentioned in a short post on social media announcing the winner. Prizes should be claimed within 48 hours of notification, or Vital Pet Club reserves the right to re-allocate the prize at the discretion of Vital Pet Club.
10. Where relevant, physical prizes will be posted to the winner’s supplied address within 28 working days.
11. The winners may be required to participate in relevant publicity associated with the competition. Photos submitted as part of competition entry may be used on our social media platforms and website, for example as our ‘pet of the week’ feature.
12. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. By accepting the prize, all winners will also be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
13. Data Protection: Personal data provided will be used for the purpose of the competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions by the Promoter.
14. You are providing your information to Vital pet Club. Vital pet Club will use these details solely for the purposes noted in the terms and conditions above.
15. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full, will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase their entries into the prize draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the competition, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
16. The Promoter may refuse to award the prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity and age. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, misdirected or incomplete entries, or effects of hackers, failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections, nor are they responsible for any inaccuracies in information or any technical or human error, which may occur in processing the entries. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
19. The Promoter, and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any errors that are beyond the control of the Promoter. In the event the competition is compromised by any cause beyond the control of the Promoter (including, but not limited to, hackers and viruses) which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security or fairness of the prize draw, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate all or part of the prize draw.
20. The Promoter and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this competition, as solely determined by the Promoter, will be disqualified.
21. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the competition or of accepting the prize.
22. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or other prize alternative.
23. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if, for circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the stated prize is no longer available. The Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of equivalent value.
24. Vital Pet Club promotes responsible pet ownership. If competition winners are in any doubt about how to use a pet product, or care for their pet, they should seek advice from their local pet shop expert.
25. The decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Competition is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.